Friday, June 25, 2010

hello there.

you've found me. you have actually decided to join what may be one of the most scariest, craziest, disastrous, most embarrassing things I have ever done in my life. welcome aboard because it's about to be a bumpy but amazing ride. let's start right off the bat. Back in November 2008, I weighed in at a whopping 180 lbs and knew that when I weighed more than my 17-year old brother, there was a BIG problem. Over the next 2 years I would yo-yo diet back and forth, losing or gaining between 10lbs and my habits were just never good enough. I always needed a quick fix -- something I could see happen instantly overnight. Weight loss doesn't happen like that, it's a gradual process that requires small and life-changing habits that become part of your DAILY life. I lost motivation quickly only after a week of dieting/exercise and again, the weight would creep back. In the past 3 months, I went through a transformation that kept me motivated to keep a diet, healthy habits, and an active lifestyle for well over my "typical week." I began a buddy system with a close friend and began a food journal in which every single meal was logged and by the end of the week, we would swap journals to be accountable to each other. This way, we could also burst each other's bubble if we messed up one day and had that piece of chocolate or a bite of ice cream which would happen occasionally! We also promised to watch our carbs, completely cut out sugar, and put in 4-5 days of workouts into each week to accelerate our weight loss goals. To make things even better, we set a bet that whoever lost 20lbs by a certain date, that person would win some sort of prize. I don't think I have ever worked so hard in my life. I not only managed to win the bet, but I am still continuing to feel more energized and healthy. At a current 160lbs, I still have not reached my goal weight and would like to shed another 20lbs to really feel healthy. That's what this blog is for. I would like to share my ups, downs, food journals, recipes, experiences, and stories with you while I journey into the land of minus-20! Do you dare to join?! I hope it's inspiring! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment